Belle’s Cocktail House, in Lexington, Kentucky, and one of our TBR Best Bars has created a cocktail they’re calling Better Than Sex. Whiskey, peanut butter, bacon, and chocolate — this cocktail has all the makings to live up to it’s name! Better Than Sex is a decadent cocktail that is the perfect treat to reward yourself for social distancing. Incredibly easy to make and easily batch-able its perfect to sip on all week while you’re stuck, possibly alone, at home!
– 1 1 lb. package of Wright Applewood Smoked Bacon
– 1 750 ml bottle of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
– 1 package of Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
– Fry 1 1 lb. package of Wright Applewood Smoked Bacon. Cut the strips in half to use for a garnish.
– Take the rendered bacon fat and mix it with 1 750 ml bottle of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. Let cool, then cover and put in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
– The fat will rise to the top and harden. Remove the fat, and pour back into the Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey bottle or in a decanter.
– Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
– For the garnish, heat the Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers in a double boiler.
– Blot extra grease off the bacon with a paper towel.
– Coat with chocolate and place on parchment paper.
– Place chocolate coated bacon in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
Belle’s Cocktail House serves this drink on an ice ball. Simply pour 2 oz of the bacon washed whiskey on the ice ball and garnish with the chocolate covered bacon!