Tragedy and devastation have struck Western Kentucky with a crippling force equal to that of the historical tornadoes that ravaged the Bourbon State.
Kentucky’s signature industry is not laying low. The Bourbon community has rallied with its own all powerful counterforce of compassion to raise money for the countless people who have been absolutely upended by this tragedy.
The “Kentucky Bourbon Benefit” is a charitable fundraiser organized by the Kentucky Distillers Association, Whiskey guru Fred Minnick, and The Bourbon Crusaders (charitable organization). In less than a week, they have worked with the KY Bourbon Industry to amass a jaw-dropping mouth watering number of items for auction – ALL PROCEEDS going to the state’s official “Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund“.
How The Auction Works – It’s LIVE NOW!
- LIVE NOW: The first 100 items are live to bid!
- Friday, Dec 17: 100 more items added to the list
- Saturday, Dec 18: Final items added
- The top 15 items will be sold during a live-streamed auction on Tuesday, Dec. 21, starting at 7 p.m. EST. All of the Top 15 items are available for bidding until the live auction, and are flagged LIVE for those purposes.
- The silent auction will end at 10 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 21.
As of Thursday, 11:15pm EST
The auction action is off to a barrel strength start! The first 8 items listed already at $170,600. How about that Angel’s Envy Cask Strength for $75,000!
If there was ever a time to drop a ton of coin on Bourbon, and feel not only guilt free – but knowing you’re making a tremendous difference, this is it. And you don’t have to spend a ton, give a $100 or even $1 to the fund, each and every contribution is needed and greatly appreciated.
Thanks to our tremendous Bourbon Community & Industry for stepping up and making this happen. In the words of the humble hero BBQ man Jimmy Finch who drove to Mayfield, KY from Tennessee Sunday with his grill to feed whoever he could – “It needed to be done”.