Angel’s Envy opened the doors to its striking new distillery in downtown Louisville, KY in November 2016. It was the first full-production whiskey distillery in downtown Louisville. In 2020, AE began a major expansion at the distillery. Now, they are close to unveiling the $8.2M endeavor. Plans are set to have the newest renovations open mid June 2022. Here’s a snapshot of what to expect!
Expansion Facts & Figures
- The expansion will add more than 13,000 square feet to the current building (which currently stands at over 90,000 square feet).
- It will increase annual guest capacity by 64,000, allowing Angel’s Envy to open its doors to more than 100,000 guests total per year.
- New spaces will include: five new tasting rooms, where guests can partake in educational bourbon tastings; an additional bar space, where the Angel’s Envy team will continue to craft cocktails for reservation and event guests; an event space and full catering kitchen, allowing the distillery to be used for pairing dinners and private gatherings such as conferences and corporate events; a designated room for Angel’s Envy’s “Bottle Your Own” experience, which, post-expansion, will offer guests the chance to fill their own bottles of Angel’s Envy’s distillery-exclusive Single Barrel offering; and a larger retail area.
- The current production capacity of the distillery is two million proof gallons per year.
- The expansion cost $8.2 million and will create approximately 20 new jobs in Louisville.
- Angel’s Envy worked with Joseph & Joseph, Contagious and Sullivan & Cozart on the design and build for the expansion.
- Post-expansion, Angel’s Envy’s tour offerings will include the Signature Tour and a “Bottle Your Own” experience, which will include a hands-on opportunity for fans to fill their own 750ml bottle of Angel’s Envy’s distillery-exclusive Single Barrel release.
- Tours can be reserved online at angelsenvy.com. At this time, tasting rooms can only be accessed in conjunction with a tour.
- There will be a form to book the new event space on angelsenvy.com.