Frankfort’s fourth annual Bourbonanza is happening Saturday, October 19th through Sunday, October 20th, with rare bourbon bottles and unique whiskey experiences up for grabs for guests.
The weekend kicks off with Saturday’s live music, food, and more open to all ages at The Kentucky River Jam at the Ward Oates Amphitheater. Spend Saturday night at the “Spirits Soiree,” an adults only, cocktail attire gathering beginning at 6:30PM in the gardens at the beautiful Kentucky History Center. Local distilleries, wineries, and breweries will be on hand to offer samplings of their popular products while live music plays and heavy hors d’oeuvres are passed.
After two hours of sipping and sampling, the live auction will begin at 8:30 PM. Bourbon fans must be present to bid, and with bottles like E.H. Taylor Amaranth, Weller Full Proof, Elmer T. Lee, and more up for grabs, you’ll definitely want to be present. In addition to rare bottles, special experiences like a Buffalo Trace barrel pick and private distillery tours are hitting the auction block. Read on for a full list below.
- Ancient Ancient Age 10-year old Bourbon
- W. L. Weller Flight (one 1-liter bottle each of W. L. Weller Special Reserve (90 proof), Old Weller Antique (107 proof), W. L. Weller 12 Year (90 proof)
- Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel Bourbon – Bottle signed by Elmer himself (2006)
- Rock Hill Farms Bourbon
- Autographed Buffalo Trace Bourbon from 6-Millionth Barrel
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye Whiskey
- George T. Stagg Bourbon
- Limited Edition Four Roses Bourbon
- Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon
- William Larue Weller Bourbon
- Col. E.H. Taylor, Jr. Amaranth Bourbon
- Weller Full Proof Bourbon
- Pappy Van Winkle 23-year old Bourbon
- Buffalo Trace Distillery Single Barrel Opportunity – pick a barrel of Buffalo Trace for bottling (includes: VIP Tour & private lunch at BTD for up to 15 people, barrel selection – taste 5 barrels of Buffalo Trace and select the one you like best, personalized bottles from your barrel, & empty barrel)
- New Riff Distilling: Bonded Tour for 12
- Maker’s Mark: Eight (8) passes for a tour and bourbon tasting, swag
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company: Swag (branded barrel head, metal sign, etc.)
- Heaven Hill Distillery: Gift Basket
- Kentucky River Tours: Passes for Bourbon Boat tour
- Rolling Barrel Tours: $200 gift certificate and swag basket
- Bourbon on the Banks: Four VIP tickets to Bourbon on the Banks 2020 & spirits gift basket
The weekend wraps up Sunday at 3 PM with George C. Wolfe: At Home on Broadway at the Grand Theatre. To learn more and purchase tickets for Bourbonanza, please click here.