Bardstown Bourbon Company (BBCo) has launched both Discovery and Fusion Series #2, hitting shelves across the country soon.
The different names for the BBCo series reflect the source of the bourbon inside. The Discovery Series is a blend of older barrels discovered from distilleries around Bourbon Country. The Fusion Series fuses BBCo’s own younger bourbon with older sourced whiskey. And although we’ve yet to see a bottle in the Origin Series, it will be a blend of bourbons made only at Bardstown Bourbon Company.
All bottles in the Fusion and Discovery Series have the breakdown of mash bill, age, and source (at least to state level) in a little chart on the label, making it easy for fans to see exactly what it is they’re sipping.
Fans of Fusion Series #1, which came out in April of 2019, will be pleased with the new offering – Batch #2 is the same proof, proportions, and recipes as its predecessor, with an additional nine months of aging. The Fusion Series #2 recipe is as follows –
- 40 percent 12-year-old sourced Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with a mash bill of 74 percent corn, 18 percent wheat, and 8 percent malted barley.
- 18 percent 3-year-old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey distilled at BBCo with a mash bill of 68 percent corn, 20 percent wheat, and 12 percent malted barley.
- 42 percent 2 year and 10 month old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey distilled at BBCo with a mash bill of 60 percent corn, 36 percent rye, and 4 percent malted barley.
“Bardstown Bourbon has always been about progression and transparency,” says Master Distiller, Steve Nally. “Fusion Series #2 delivers the same lively fruit and spice notes of the young bourbon, combined with the long, leathery roasted nut notes of the aged product as before, but with the additional time reflected on the age statement and on the palate.”
Discovery Series #2, however, will see some big changes. While the bottle will remain at 121.21 proof, the recipes and proportions of the barrels inside will skew older. The recipe is as follows –
- 40 percent 10-year-old bourbon sourced Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with a mash bill of 75 percent corn, 13 percent rye, and 12 percent malted barley.
- 39% 12-year-old bourbon sourced Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with a mash bill of 74 percent corn, 18 percent rye, and 8 percent malted barley.
- 17% 14-year-old bourbon sourced Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with a mash bill of 78 percent corn, 10 percent rye, and 12 percent malted barley.
“We continue to use the same process of multiple teams collaborating to land on such unique blends. Discovery reflects the diverse background of passionate bourbon experts involved in deriving our products,” says Chief Operating Officer, John Hargrove. “You’ve got some real Kentucky classics making up this blend which delivers some soft notes of oak and leather, with multiple layers of depth and complexity.”
Discovery Series #2 and Fusion Series #2 are hitting shelves in Kentucky, Indiana, California, Florida, Nashville and Central Tennessee, and Illinois soon for suggested retail prices of $129.99 for Discovery and $59.99 for Fusion.